Saturday, January 1, 2011

December 30 and 31, 2010


December 30, 2010 - My last blog of 2010!!  I can't believe how fast the year went!!  Yesterday was a typical vacation day.  Us kids spent the day playing and floating in the pool, well, Chase and Blake were the ones playing, Anna and I read all day by the pool.  The grown ups went shopping for some luau attire.  That evening we loaded up our cars and drove 45 minutes into Lahaina for a luau, The Feast of Lele.  It was pretty cool!  We all received leis when we arrived and some of us enjoyed a Mai Tai...although they were really that fantastic.  We were seated and got settled in to enjoy the show.  Our menu that night consisted of a tour of the Polynesian Islands.  I don't have the menu in front of me right now so I'll post the actual menu later.  We sampled all kinds of foods from duck to steak, various fish and seafood dishes, and some vegetables that ranged from a green bean/asparagus/hearts of palm salad to mushrooms with sweet potatoes, to squash and taro leaf.  Some of it was good, some of it not so good, but the experience was fantastic!  We were entertained by dancers that performed dances from all of the different islands.  I have video of each of the dances, but I'm not sure if (or how) I'll be able to post them on here.  They might just end up on my facebook.  We had the best servers for the luau.  Mike was hilarious!  He brought out a tray of coffee and said, "Hot stuff coming through...and coffee, too!"  Sammy was fantastic, as well.  He brought out all of our foods and, at the end, he brought out the dessert plates for Grandma and Erma that had "Happy Birthday, Maui 2010" written in chocolate on them.  He also brought Chase and Anna a big plate of dessert that had been written on as well.  It was really cool!  By the end of the night, we were all zonked!  Did I mention that on the way to the luau we spotted the best thing that could ever be found?  No, not the whales that we saw spouting while we were driving, it's better...a TACO BELL!!!  That will be probably be the highlight of the trip for Chase!!  Of course, on the way home from the luau we stopped there!  After we got home, we were all done for the night!!





December 31, 2010 - Happy New Year's Eve!!  Today was another relaxing, uneventful day!  A lot of time was spent by the pool.  Blake, Chase and Anna played croquet a few times, but mostly they stayed inside because they were a little sunned out from the day before.  They did make a trip to the store to get fireworks for the ringing in of the new year...but they lit those off around 7:30 and were done by 8:30!!  Right now it's 11:02 p.m. and I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one that is still awake!  Who knew that being outside and basically doing nothing could be so exhausting!!  I'll wrap this up by saying, I wish you all a very Happy New Year full of God's blessings and favor!  Goodbye 2010, hello 2011!!




No comments:

Post a Comment